- Where will you do this adventure? Make sure there are a lot of trees nearby.
- What will the boundaries be?
- How do you use your senses to describe something?
- What are your five senses?
- What can we do with our five senses?
- How will you make groups of two?
- With your partner, decide who will wear a blindfold and who will lead.
- If your partner is the leader, he or she will lead you to a nearby tree.
- Carefully observe everything about this tree using each of your senses – how does the bark feel? How big is the trunk? What kind of leaves or needles are on the tree? What does the tree smell like?
- After a few minutes, your partner will lead you away from the tree.
- Then, take off your blindfold a try to find your tree. Can you find it?
- Switch partners and try again
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you describe your tree?
- How did your tree feel? Smell? Sound? Taste? (Taste?! Yuck!)
- Were you able to find your tree after taking off the blindfold? How did you find it?
Keep it Simple
- Find a tree without a blindfold! Draw your tree, describe what its bark and leaves look like, and then give your drawing to a partner. Your partner must now find your tree based on your drawing and description!
Take it Further
- Don’t just find your tree, take care of it! Once you’ve found your tree, why not adopt it and make sure that it is well cared for?