- What do you know about creating songs?
- Are you going to use another song’s tune, or create your own?
- Will you use musical instruments or just your voices?
- How will you perform your song, live or video or recording?
- Will you teach it to the other members of your Section?
- Would you like to challenge the other members of your Section to create their own songs?
- Be creative. You can use a tune from a song you already know and change the lyrics, or come up with something that’s completely original.
- You can add hand clapping, foot stomping, whistling, drumming… The only limit is your collective imagination!
- Perform your new song for your Section, or create a music video for your song!
- This is a great way to inspire other members of your Section, and to get everyone in the mood for a good time—because hey, you have arrived!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- Did you have fun? Why or why not?
- Were you part of a team? How did the team get along?
Keep it Simple
- Maybe writing a song seems like too big a task – try writing a cheer or chant for your team instead!
Take it Further
- Show off your song to the rest of the world! Run a variety show for other Sections and Groups and perform your song as part of it.