- Where will you take part in this adventure?
- Who will put up the controls? Who knows the area?
- Is there already an established orienteering area where competitions are held?
- What equipment will you need? Consider weather conditions and the terrain type in the area for the adventure.
- Go out with your team and enjoy your orienteering adventure!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you feel before, during and after this adventure?
- If you chose to compete against one another, how did the race aspect change the adventure?
- If you were to try orienteering again, what would you do differently?
- How did you work with others as a team on this adventure?
Keep it Simple
- As much as you might be tempted to rush into this activity, you’ll have more fun if you know what you’re doing! Spend some time practicing with a map and compass before starting this activity. https://www.scouts.ca/activity-finder/map-and-compass.html
Take it Further
- Learn more about another navigation tool – a GPS! Learn how to use a GPS and see how it compares to using a map and compass. What are the pros and cons? https://www.scouts.ca/activity-finder/gps.html