- What are the rules for your race?
- What do you look for in a great camp set-up?
- Who will judge the sites?
- What gear is required? Consider the season and the nature of the camp.
- When and where will you have this competition?
- What skills do you need to learn in preparation for the race?
- Learn any new skills at meetings
- Test out new skills
- Quickly pitch camp. Do your best to have your team’s set up before your opponents!
- How did your team do at this activity?
- How did you feel before, during, and after this activity?
- Did you well as a team? Why or why not?
- Can you offer particular praise to any members of the team?
- What would you do differently in the future?
Keep it Simple
- Practise setting up your tent quickly. Don’t move so fast that you damage any parts of your tent!
Take it Further
- Add extra challenges to your race, like best set up, most creative addition to the site, or fastest time to take down your site.