- When and where will you have this Adventure?
- What do you need to bring?
- What games can you play with your kites?
- How will you decorate your kites?
- Make a cross with two wooden skewers. Use tape or string to fix the skewers together. One end of the cross should be longer than the other three.
- With help from your Scouters, cut a plastic bag into a diamond shape.
- Make small holes in the plastic bag to put the wooden cross through. Tape the bag to the cross, or tie things together with string.
- Your finished kite will be about 20 cm tall (or the size of the skewer).
- Tie a very long length of string (on a spool) to the centre of the cross. Use this string to fly your kite.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How well did your kite fly?
- What tricks did you use to get your kite in the air?
- How did you keep your kite flying?
- What other creative things can you do at the beach?
Keep it Simple
- Learn how a kite works by flying a store-bought kite. What made the kite fly? How can you recreate that in your own kite?
Take it Further
- Scale up this project and make a kite out of a garbage bag!