- What materials are you going to use for this Adventure? Where will you get them?
- What skills do you need to learn? How can you learn them? What help can your Scouters offer?
- Is this going to be a competition against other teams? If so, what rules will you have?
- When and where will you have this Adventure?
- What skills do you need to learn for this Adventure?
- As a team, gather materials and construct the tallest flag pole that you can.
- This is a great Adventure to try at a camp. A tall flag pole is a great addition to a campsite!
- You can even compete against other teams to see who can put together the tallest pole for their site!
- Gather your materials, and build a flag pole that reaches into outer space!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- Did your team work together?
- Is there anyone who deserves a special pat on the back? Why?
- What would you do differently next time?
- How can you build on this experience?
Keep it Simple
- Start by learning and practicing some basic lashing skills. https://www.scouts.ca/activity-finder/learning-lashing.html
Take it Further
- For large-scale camps, like jamborees, it is a tradition to put a camp gate at the entrance of your site to welcome people. Build your own camp gate and decorate it to make it your own – hang your Group flag, a Patrol banner or even your city flag!