- What sports or games do you enjoy and how are they adapted for people with disabilities?
- When will you hold the mini-Olympics?
- What games or sports will you include?
- What equipment will you need?
- What skills do you need to learn ahead of time?
- Organize a mini Olympics.
- Think of three sports or games that are played by athletes with disabilities, then compete in the same way.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What surprised you in this Adventure
- How did everyone handle this Adventure?
- How has this changed how you see people with different abilities?
- What were some of the highlights of this Adventure?
- How did you feel before, during, and after this adventure?
- What would you do differently in the future?
- How can you build on this experience?
- Can you invite a Special Olympian to talk to your Section?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Start by watching some videos of a Paralympic sport. How does the sport look different from what you are familiar with? How does it change how the game is played or sport is done?
Take it Further
- Invite a Paralympian to speak to your Section – they could even video call into your meeting if they live far away!
- Reach out to a local wheelchair basketball team or sledge hockey team. Arrange to watch a practice or game!