- What materials do you need for this activity?
- Who will lead your exercises or game?
- How do you prepare for this activity?
- Our bodies can do some pretty amazing things! Using various materials, or by doing all sorts of exercises and stretches as a group, find out how our bodies move best. What bends?
- How do our joints work? How far can you bend? Use concepts similar to Follow the Leader or Simon Says, but only use stretches or yoga poses.
- Warm up and be sure to find your own limits—while trying your best to stay active and healthy!
- What were the easiest activities?
- Which were the most difficult?
- What did you find out about body movement?
- What exercises might you want to do daily?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- In small teams, use bendable art supplies, like garbage bag ties, chenille stems, vinyl-coated wire, yarn and plastic lacing and test their bending abilities! How are these similar to our joints?!
Take it Further
- Put these concepts into action and run a yoga night at your meeting hall. Invite a local yoga teacher to come and run a session!