- Who can help with this adventure?
- What scenarios can we use to practice using this gear?
- What do the local maritime laws require you to have on your boat? How can you find out? What safety equipment is not required, but is still good to have?
- Where can we practice these skills?
- What emergency equipment are you not familiar with?
- Play some games to get more familiar with boating safety gear. Have fun!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did your team work together on this adventure?
- How did you feel before, during and after this adventure?
- What was your favourite part of this adventure?
- How can you build on this experience?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Play a game, like Kim’s Game or a memory game to try to learn all of the different gear you should have on your watercraft.
Take it Further
- Write a song or create a game to teach another Section about water safety. How can you creatively teach them about what safety gear a boat needs?