- What farmers market will you go to?
- When will you go to the farmers market?
- What weather do you expect?
- What questions will you ask the famers?
- What will you need to pack for this adventure?
- Explore the farmers market to learn about different local vendors/farmers!
- Ask farmers about the process of harvesting their food/crop and how it gets to the farmers market.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How can you use this information in your daily life?
- What would you change about this adventure next time?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- When planning for Apple Day, consider pairing up with a local orchard to acquire your apples. This can be the start of a new partnership in the community and you can help support local farmers at the same time.
Take it Further
- The next time you are at the grocery store look at the produce and the stickers/labels that are on them. Record the different places that you see and discuss with the group how much produce you saw comes from locally sourced places.