- Where will you complete the activity?
- What materials do you need for this activity?
- How will you reduce your food waste?
- You will review the poster/data in the link and discuss the effects of food waste in the world. Think about the food that you have daily, and the waste that it produces. Create a list of ways that you can reduce your food waste and how food could be wasted less in the world.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you and your friends get along on this Adventure?
- What would you change next time?
- What is it important to know about food waste?
Keep it Simple
- Have youth record the food waste that their family produces in one day and discuss the results.
Take it Further
- Have youth create their own DIY composter. This will reduce the waste that gets put into landfills. Compost reduces or prevents the release of methane during organic breakdown.