- What supplies will you need for this activity?
- Where will you get a rock to paint?
- How can you make sure that you are not making a mess while painting your rock?
- Wash and dry your rock.
- Paint and decorate your pet rock your favourite colours.
- Glue on eyes and draw a smiley face.
- Give your pet rock a name. Not it’s time to show the world your new friend!
- What was your favourite part of this activity?
- What was the most challenging part of creating your rock friend?
- Acrylic paint (variety of colours)
- White glue
- Googly eyes
- Sharpie markers
Keep it Simple
- If painting a rock isn’t your style, draw your dream pet! Don’t forget to create some care instructions so you know how to take care of your pet!
Take it Further
- Don’t just paint a rock – create a perfect pet! Use paint or other decorations to make your rock look like a real creature. You could make it look like an actual pet, like a dog or rabbit, or you could create something amazing like a whale, unicorn or dragon!