- When and where will you have this Adventure?
- What do you need to bring?
- What will you draw?
- What other things can you do at the beach?
- Fill a small plastic bag with dry sand from high up on the beach and take it down to where the waves have made the sand smooth and dark.
- Poke a hole in the bag and tickle out the dry sand to “paint” a picture on the dark, damp sand.
- Your whole team can work together to make a collage of images along the shoreline!
- Try to draw more than one picture. Use the sand to create new effects.
- Take some photos before the waves wash the sand clean. Then you can begin new sand collages.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What did you draw?
- What did other people draw?
- How did you paint with the sand?
- What other creative things can you do with sand at the beach?
Keep it Simple
- You can always use a stick to make your pictures in the sand, rather than your finger or other sand. When you want to erase your picture, just pour water over it!
Take it Further
- Use rocks, sticks, leaves, or anything else you find on the ground to make a collage!