- What supplies will you need for this activity?
- How can you keep water from freezing while you’re outside?
- What kind of design will you make in the snow?
- Why is it important to know how to keep your water from freezing when you’re outside in the snow?
- Fill spray bottles with water and a couple of drops of food colouring.
- Using the spray bottles, spray water onto the snow to create designs.
- Keep the spray bottle from freezing – you can try out different ways and see which one works best!
- Were you able to keep your water from freezing?
- Would you be able to keep your water bottle from freezing on a winter adventure?
- What did you learn about being outside in the cold?
Keep it Simple
- What are some ways that you can keep the water from freezing? You can tuck them into your jacket, put them into a sock (an empty one – not one you’re wearing), or try keeping them in an insulated box. Which methods work best?
Take it Further
- While making your snow art, compare what starts to freeze faster: a spray bottle or a regular water bottle. Why might one freeze faster than the other? Which one would make a better choice to bring on a winter adventure?