- What kind of music will you listen to?
- What supplies will you need for this adventure?
- Will you share your feelings after each song, or at the end of the adventure?
- Choose a few pieces of music to listen to – you can listen to the whole thing, or just a little bit, if you prefer!
- As you listen, write or draw how the music makes you feel. You can even brainstorm a list of emotions together so that you have some inspiration.
- Share how different songs made you feel. Did some make you feel happy? Sad? Angry? Worried?
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What was your favourite piece of music?
- How did the different pieces of music make you feel? Did anyone else feel the same way?
- Were there any pieces of music that surprised you?
Keep it Simple
Get everyone thinking about their feelings by starting this activity with a game of Emoji Charades
Take it Further
Create a playlist or a list of songs that will get you excited and ready to take on a challenge. Think of songs that make you happy, excited, or get you dancing! Next time you’re feeling sad or you’re preparing for a challenge like a big assignment, try using your new pump-up playlist to get your brain ready!