- How will you do this activity? On your own, or in small teams?
- What item from your home would the other youth in your Section be interested in buying?
- What are the main benefits off the product that you are selling?
- What else can you say about the product in order to convince others that it is a good purchase?
- How will you act, stand and move while trying to sell the product?
- Take turns standing up in front of your Section in order to sell your product.
- If you Section is interested, you can hold a vote for the Best Salesperson in your Section!
- Which product would you be most interested in buying?
- Who was the most convincing salesperson? What did they say or do that made them convincing?
- What do real salespeople say or do in order to convince customers to purchase a product? Did any of the youth in your section use these tactics?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Instead of presenting to the entire Section, you can present to your Lair, Patrol, or Scouters.
Take it Further
- Instead of ‘selling’ a product that you’ve brought from home - start from scratch to sell a product that you have invented.