Board of Governors Approved May 5, 2018
Creates a positive and protective environment that supports the values of Scouting.
Everyone has a right to participate in Scouting free from harassment, bullying, cyberbullying, neglect, and abuse (physical, sexual, and emotional).
- As members of Scouts Canada, we treat everyone with respect.
- We believe that bullying and harassment are forms of maltreatment, and that it is the impact, not the intent, of behaviour that matters.
- We do not accept any behaviour in which people are bullied, cyberbullied, or harassed.
- When we see or hear about any incident of bullying, cyberbullying, or harassment, we respond immediately to stop it.
- If necessary, we will follow Scouts Canada’s reporting procedures as described in the Preventing and Responding to Bullying and Harassment Procedure
- Anyone found to maltreat another person, or to stand by while someone is being maltreated, will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination