Tree Planting Adventures
Through the Spring of 2017, you can apply for some funding to help plant trees in your area. With the amazing support from TD Friends of the Environment Foundation, Scouting members across Canada can help plant some trees and maintain the area where the tree was planted.
Project prerequisites: here is what we are looking for this year:
- Youth-led Community Projects.
- Projects that have identified an area that requires substantial tree planting opportunity.
- Projects that will have a lasting impact within the community.
- Projects that have a component of helping Scouts discover their role in environmental stewardship.
- Group or Section will be able to help steward the trees planted for a few years.
Funding can be used for:
- Purchase of plants and trees for the site.
- Tools needed to complete the project.
- Provide a healthy snack or lunch to all participants.
If selected, in addition to the funding, we will help you with:
- A promotional tool kit to help spread the good word on your work site.
- Marketing support to help promote and advocate for your project.
- Get in touch with Local TD bank to recruit some of their volunteers to help with the plant.
Applications must include the following:
- Emailed to email@example.com before the deadline of March 31st, 2017
- Your email must contain the following information:
- Contact info, Group name and Council.
- General description of your project.
- Sections involved in the project.
- Projected participant numbers.
- Schedule of the project.
- Information about the site you will be tree planting on.
Your Section or Group can receive between $200 – $800 of grant funding to help your local tree planting initiative.
Questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org