Communications Functional Team
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of youth? Do you have extensive experience in Marketing, Communications and Change Management?
Scouts Canada is seeking a strategic Communications Commissioner, Communications Functional Team to join as a Volunteer member of our Scouting Experience Team.
In this role you will provide shared-leadership to a functional team and serve as a key contributor to develop and execute strategies to support Scouts Canada’s reputation and drive increased support for membership across Canada.
Through leadership of the volunteer Communications Functional Team, you share accountability for all aspects of defining and strengthening internal and external communications, market positioning, publicity, and public awareness.
As a senior member of the Scouting Experience Team, you will balance functional operational execution, team management and broader Enterprise leadership responsibilities. Working in partnership with the Director Communications and partnering with the broader Scouting Experience teams, you will ensure tight integration between departments to enable consistency of message, alignment to brand, and implementation of the one franchise model for One Scouts Canada and the Canadian Path program.
- National – Communications Functions, Scouting Experience
- Creative Services & Production Volunteer Leader
- Internal & External Communications Volunteer Leaders
- Recruitment Campaign Support Volunteer Leader
- Translation Services Volunteer Leader
- Re-appointed annually by the National Commissioner for a maximum of three years
- Shared accountability and responsibility for the development and execution of annual communications strategic plans and targets in support of organizational initiatives that support the integrated business plan, with a focus on member engagement to help drive and sustain membership growth and organizational health.
- Accountable for the development and execution of an efficient and effective communications functional volunteer team, associated processes, governance and procedures.
- Accountable for effective collaboration between council and functional teams on implementation of retention, recruitment communication strategies and tactics.
- Recruit, supervise and manage performance as well as provide training, guidance and coaching to volunteers to ensure success in meeting departmental objectives.
Manage Internal & External Communications
- Shared accountability for strategic leadership, development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies that engage Scouts Canada’s target audiences: Scouters, youth, staff and parents.
Manage Creative Services
- Shared accountability for strategic leadership, development and implementation of creative services that engage Scouts Canada’s target audiences: Scouters, youth, staff and parents.
Manage Volunteer & Member Recruitment Campaigns
Shared accountability to ensure integration with the strategic marketing, diversity, and integration portfolio to develop actionable plans and materials that build on and with the Canadian Path program.
Proven success in the following competencies:
- Leadership style that is engaging, results orientated and motivates others to succeed;
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to develop business plans, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage high-performance teams – attention to detail a pre-requisite;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with all levels of management, staff & outside partners;
- Excellent networking skills and able to build positive and professional relationships with community leaders, volunteers and members;
- Able to deal effectively with rapid changes; possess a proactive, positive attitude and flexibility working in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and provide direction to team members;
- Strong experience with communications principles and practices: market research, planning, segmentation, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong volunteer engagement experience and developed skills – experience working with large volunteer groups in a complex service delivery / production field considered an asset.
- Ability to develop and execute on complex communications strategies addressing multiple audience segments;
- Strong strategic media and public relations capabilities, with proven expertise in contributing to significantly increasing brand awareness
- Digital and social media savvy and experience using digital tools and social media to oversee the delivery of timely and relevant information to members and the general public.
- Member Focus — Demonstrates commitment to increasing member satisfaction, assumes responsibility for solving problems, ensures commitments to members are met, solicits organizational and personal performance feedback from members.
- Integrity/Ethics — Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, maintains confidentiality and supports company values.
- Dependability — Meets commitments, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Teamwork — Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Job knowledge — Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge and technical skills, understands Scouts Canada’s mission/vision and keeps job knowledge current.
Kids in Scouts have fun adventures, discovering new things and experiences they wouldn't discover elsewhere. Along the way, they develop into capable, confident and well-rounded individuals, better prepared for success in the world. For tens of thousands of children and youth across Canada, Scouts is the start of something great. Scouts Canada is the country's leading co-ed youth organization, offering programming for children and youth aged 5-26 in multiple languages, reflecting Canada's multicultural landscape and communities. For more information, visit Scouts.ca.
Applications for this exciting role will be accepted until Sept. 15 2020.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.