Group Commissioner Positions Available:
Group Commissioners are the central point of contact between the council and groups. They help section scouters and ensure that groups have strong plans with regards to outdoor adventure, volunteers, finances, and safety.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest in the Group Commissioner position available for the following groups:
As our front-line Volunteer managers, Group Commissioners have a critical role in building a healthy and vibrant Scouting movement in Canada – while being the visible ambassador of Scouts Canada within their community. This position is open to Youth and Adults, ages 14+.
In Summary, the Group Commissioner:
- Leads the group to positively impacting our Scouting Vision and Mission through membership growth
- Role models and leads a positive culture that encourages safety first, risk management, sustainable growth, program quality and group health
- Is committed to Scouts Canada’s program—the Canadian Path—that integrates the Four Key Elements: Adventure, Plan-Do-Review, SPICES and Youth-led
- Ensures Scouts Canada’s Volunteer Support Strategy is implemented to all Scouters within the Group and that members (volunteers and youth participants) feel supported, recognized and rewarded for their contributions.
- Works directly with a Groups Support Scouter (GSS) and/or Relationship Manager (RM) who acts as their single point of contact for support – making it easier for Groups to get help where and when they need it to be successful.
Time required is approximately 10-15 hours monthly, plus 2-3 weekends per year. Mentorship and onboarding are provided.
For the extended Job Description, click here. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2022
Please submit your letter of interest and CV to the Committee Chair.