The Scouts Canada Scholarship Program provides financial support to members of Scouts Canada entering or continuing in full-time studies at Canadian universities or colleges.
All recipients are motivated youth whom, with the help of their Scouting experiences, have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and a desire to create a better world. As they progress through life, these skills will be carried with them as they become successful adults in the community. Scouts Canada sees this scholarship program as an investment in the lives of the future leaders of tomorrow.
Scouts Canada is pleased to award scholarships of up to $6,000 each. Amongst these scholarships are special awards that are presented in specific categories including:
|Youth Citizens Foundation Scholarship|
|The Calgary/Chinook Scout Foundation Scholarship|
|Scouts Canada Foundation Scholarship|
|The BP Guild Scholarship|
|Camp Opemikon Returning Staff Scholarship|
How to Apply for a Scholarship
Every year scholarships are awarded with individuals receiving up to one award each. Awards are not renewable. Applicants must not have reached their 26th birthday on January 1 of the year in which they apply.
All applicants must complete the application form and compose a statement, no more than 200 words, on the value of Scouting in your life. Applicants must also provide two letters of reference (only one from within Scouting), a copy of their resume, an official transcript of the previous year’s marks, and a current report card/academic transcript.
Candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated Scouting history, involvement and achievement
- Leadership contributions to Scouting
- Community leadership and contributions outside of Scouting
- Scholastic achievements up to the time of application
- Attitude and aptitude
- A scholarship will be awarded only after Scouts Canada has received adequate notice that the applicant has been accepted by the institution of study.
- Scholarship funds will be forwarded to the student directly.
- Recipients are expected to continue involvement with Scouts Canada to every extent possible and must be a currently active and registered member of Scouts Canada.
- Recipients must agree to have their names and photographs published in conjunction with the award and with any promotion of the awards.
Applications are now closed. All applicants will be contacted by early July to confirm their application has been received and will be notified again in August to advise them if they have been selected for a scholarship or not. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.