Scouts and Chilly Moose are once again teaming up for our Planet
Scouts for Sustainability X Chilly Moose Contest
Take your environmental impact to the next level! We might not be able to change the world on our own but we can certainly make a positive difference when we work together.
Since the launch of our partnership with our friends at Chilly Moose in the spring of 2022, we have been able to increase the support given to our Scouting Groups in incorporating the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) into their weekly programming. During our last edition, more than 60 Sections submitted SDG-related activities and projects showcasing what a real difference they were making in their communities. This year, we are encouraging Sections to increase their impact and focus on collaboration and teamwork by partnering with a local business, another Section in their community, or a Section on the other side of the country to take on an environment-focused project or activity. You’ll find more information below in the “What to Submit” section below.
***If you’re looking to find another Section to partner with, complete the form below with your contact information and project details. Other Sections will be able to see what you have planned and may reach out if they’re interested in partnering with you!
By submitting your environmental projects and activities related to the UN SDGs, your Section will be eligible to win one of our Chilly Moose grand prizes. In addition, each Section that submits will also be entered into a draw for more prizes!
- As a Section, identify an environmental (SDG) project or activity that you would like to take on using the Plan-Do-review method. Reach out to a business or organization in your neighbourhood (i.e. local restaurant, conservation authority, place of worship) to find ways you can work together to make your project more impactful, or connect with another Section in your community or in another part of the country to partner together and multiply your impact. Looking to find a section to partner with? We’ve got you covered! Fill out the collaboration form below to allow us to publish your contact info and additional details on the website and help you connect with other Sections to take your project to the next level. You could work together or organize a linking activity to support each other.
- While we encourage you to incorporate all the SDGs into your weekly programming, we are specifically requesting submissions of environment-focused projects and activities such as SDGs #13 Climate Action and #15 Life on Land. Check out the “Activity Ideas” section below for more inspiration! We have some suggestions for you on this page but there are plenty to choose from on the Activity Finder.
- Once you have completed your environmental SDG-related activity or project, click on the “Submit Your Activity Here to Enter the Contest“ and fill out every field in the online form before submitting. Since the “activity description” box on the online form is limited to 200 words, we strongly suggest that you attach a Word or PDF document with a more detailed plan – those plans will make the difference for the grand prizes’ selection. We want to know why you chose your project, who you collaborated with, what impact you think it will have, and how you could measure Don’t forget to show us that you’ve been using the Plan-Do-Review method.
- Also, please make sure to add the URL/link to your projects’ social media post and tag @ScoutsCanada and @ChillyMoose when posting (this field can be found on the online form, but you can also add that information to the attached document you’ll attach on the online form). And finally, please share your photos’ files – we love to see them and share them with our community!
- Sections will be evaluated based on the quality (good description + pictures) of their projects, plus the collaboration and creativity aspects. Good luck!
- You can submit your project any time before October 31, 2023. Go ahead and take your impact to the next level by submitting more than one project for more chances to win!
- Submit your activity here, on our Take Action page using the online activity form (by clicking here or on the "Submit Activity" blue button below). Be part of the change and check out our interactive map to see the Scouting Sections making a difference across the country with their projects and positive actions.
- We will be awarding three (3) Grand Prizes in amazing Chilly Moose gear to Sections that have gone above and beyond with their environmental projects.
- First prize winners will receive $2,000 in Chilly Moose products.
- Second prize winners will receive $1,500 in Chilly Moose products.
- Third prize winners will receive $1,000 in Chilly Moose products,
Sections will be able to select the product(s) of their choice. Winners will be announced in early November 2023 with the help of our Chilly Moose partners.
- All Sections that submit a project or activity (respecting the basic requirements stated above) will be entered into a draw for more Chilly Moose prizes! 2 additional winners will be selected at random and will receive $500 in amazing Chilly Moose gear. Sections will be able to select the product(s) of their choice. Check out the Chilly Moose site to see what you could win. All winners will be announced in early November 2023.
Help us take a stand for the planet! With your support and involvement, the Scouts for Sustainability program can help us take steps towards creating a better world and building a brighter future for us all.