- What do you know about making bubbles?
- What can you use to make bubbles?
- What materials will you use to build your bubble wands?
- How could you make bubbles of different shapes and sizes?
- What challenges will you attempt? The biggest bubble? Strongest bubble? Longest-lasting bubble?
- Collect all your ingredients to make better bubbles.
- Do you want to make stronger bubbles that last longer and float farther?
- Or do you want to create many teeny tiny bubbles?
- How can you make a giant bubble?
- The right bubble liquid and bubble wand can make all the difference when blowing bubbles.
- Try out different combinations of soap, water and other ingredients to make the best bubble liquid.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What materials worked well for your bubble wand?
- What ingredients worked best for your bubbles?
- What made some bubble wands work better than others?
- How did you work together to design different bubble wands?
- What shapes were your bubbles?
- How could you make bubbles of different shapes?
- How were the various bubble wands different?
- What about the bubbles they created?
- What elements of STEM were in this adventure? Science? Technology? Engineering? Mathematics?
- What did you like about this adventure?
- What did you not like? How would you do this adventure differently?
- Dish soap
- Tray for bubble liquid
- Bubble wands
- Materials for your bubble wands, such as straws, plastic cups, plastic bottles, pipe cleaners, string etc.
Keep it Simple
- Start by using store-bought bubble mix, but make your own bubble wand. Who can make the biggest bubble?
Take it Further
- Experiment with different types of bubble mix – how can you make bubbles that last longer?