- What supplies will you need for the kits/
- Can you get the supplies donated, or will you charge a fee for the kits?
- What are the ideal habitats for installing your bat boxes?
- How will people know how to build and hang their bat boxes?
- Start a campaign to help your community build bat boxes.
- As bats suffer from habitat loss and a fungus called White-Nose syndrome, we can help them!
- Distribute precut kits to families in your Group or community, encouraging them to find a great place for bats to live.
- How can you check if bats have used your boxes?
- How did you create and distribute your kits?
- What kind of impact do you think you have had on your community?
Keep it Simple
- Rather than distributing kits, why not build the boxes and distribute them ready-made with directions about where people can hang them up?
Take it Further
- Partner with a local hardware store and conservation authority (or similar) and start a city-wide campaign. Start a bat-box blitz and see how many boxes you can distribute in a period of time, and then track their success.