- Decide on your campfire skit theme.
- How long will you have to create your skit?
- What size of groups will you work in or will you work solo?
- This activity will work well as part of a camp, and the theme for the stories might relate somehow to the day you’ve just shared. For example, after a long day of paddling against the wind on a canoe trip, you and your Patrol might reflect on other difficult challenges you’ve faced by dramatizing them
On a camp, take some time at the campfire to share stories on a theme of your choice
- What did you learn about the others from their skits?
- What common elements emerged?
- What story inspired you the most?
- How has watching these skits changed your personal beliefs?
Keep it Simple
- Rather than acting out your stories, use these prompts as questions to start your discussion! Move around the circle and have each person share their answer.
Take it Further
- Turn this activity into charades! One group should act out the story and the other has to try to narrate what is happening – this might get pretty silly!