- What healthy foods, dishes and activities do you enjoy? How can you make them part of a healthy lifestyle?
- What are healthy portions for your size, age and level of activity?
- How much physical activity should you get daily?
- How will you enter into your plan—all at once or step by step?
- How will you know if you have made progress toward your healthy living goals?
Create a healthy lifestyle plan and try to follow it for a month. If you are working on your Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this could be a great way to incorporate more exercise into your daily life as part of your Award requirements.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What did you find challenging about this adventure?
- What did you most enjoy about this adventure?
- How did you feel after following a healthy lifestyle? Did you achieve your goals?
Keep it Simple
- Rather than creating a whole plan, create a single goal to focus on. Maybe you want to run a 10k or be able to do 100 push-ups.
Take it Further
- Include a mental health component in your plan. Research different ways that athletes keep themselves mentally healthy and include at least one in your healthy living plan.