- Brainstorm ideas for the television (or radio) commercial.
- If possible, invite someone who creates advertising for a living to share ideas and experiences with you.
- Decide on your idea.
- Write the script for your commercial. Will you use humour? How many actors/voices will be involved? What will be the final line that you want people to remember?
- Gather props, recording equipment, etc.
- Arrange for a quiet place to record your commercial.
- Rehearse the script until you are satisfied that you are ready.
- Record your commercial.
- Premiere your work
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did your team work together to create the commercial?
- Did everybody get along? Why or why not?
- What was challenging about making a commercial?
- How did you feel about this Adventure?
- Did you have fun? Why or why not?
- How would you go about making a commercial if you had to do it again?
Keep it Simple
- Not sure you’re ready to be on camera? Create a skit or song about why people should join your Group. Present your song to the rest of your Section or your parents!
Take it Further
- Why stop at just a movie? Create a stop motion commercial about your Group! https://www.scouts.ca/activity-finder/start-making-stop-motion.html