- What materials and props do you need for this activity?
- How will you ensure everyone gets a chance to try the various roles?
- In what city will your imaginary taxi be?
- Who will you be driving? How will you safely deliver your passengers to their destination?
- Ever wondered what it’s like to be a taxicab driver? What about a day in the life of a taxicab driver in a busy city?
- Set up your taxi scene with chairs and any other props you want to include.
- In your Section teams, create your own scenarios for taxicab drivers across the world. Choose the country, your destination and who you are—and see if the taxicab driver can get you to your destination safely!
- Which passengers were the hardest to work with?
- What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
- In what city did you pretend to be? Why?
Keep it Simple
- Do you have the right currency? Get everyone in your Section to bring in any foreign currencies to the meeting and take a look at all of the similarities and differences.
Take it Further
- Try using a map—no online maps! Use a completely new city and see if you can get passengers from A to B by using only a map. Make the passengers a little harder or more frantic to deal with.