- What problem would you like your invention to solve?
- What materials will you need to design your invention?
- What research do you need to do before creating your design?
- Little Inventors challenges youth to create inventions that can solve problems related to a theme, like the ocean or outer space.
- Submit your inventions to the Little Inventors website for the chance for your design to be made into a real object—your invention could actually help the world!
- What inventions did other members of your Section work on?
- How would your invention solve a real-life problem?
- What skills did you need in order to successfully think up your invention?
Keep it Simple
- As a Lair or Patrol, do the Three Little Pigs Challenge and use different materials like mud and straw to invent a structure and test it against the elements (such as wind and sunlight). Did your structure withstand all of the elements? What can you do to improve it?
Take it Further
- Visit a 3D printing makerspace to learn more about creating new inventions. Design and print your own idea or invention. Check out the Little Inventors website for previous prototypes and themes.