- Will you create your own Mock Parliament or take part in one that is hosted by another organization?
- How will you learn about the roles required for the Mock Parliament?
- Will you invite another Section to participate in the Mock Parliament?
- What materials do you need? Who will arrange for what is needed?
- What issue will be the main topic of debate? How will you prepare for the debate?
- What rules of order will be used?
- Do you feel that your provincial or federal government’s values are the same as your own? How do you feel about your provincial or federal government’s current position on funding for education, or on immigration, or on combatting climate change?
- Research and plan for your side of the debate. You may want to invite other Sections to take part. Mock Parliament is underway!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did your team handle this Adventure?
- What would you do differently next time?
- How did you feel before, during and after this Adventure?
Keep it Simple
- Being part of Parliament requires a lot of problem solving skills. Try out some YLT Trail Cards and practise your problem solving skills!
Take it Further
- Connect with a local Mock Parliament or Model United Nations in your area – watch them in action or see if you can join!