- What gear do you need for this Adventure?
- Who will call out the directions? How will you decide?
- Who will decide who is out?
- When and where will you play?
- What will the people who are out do while the game is still being played?
- How will you know which direction is which?
- Use a compass to figure out the four directions while standing in a square court or field.
- Everyone starts in the middle, and the person leading the game calls out a direction.
- Everyone has to run to the line on that side of the court or field, and the last person there is out.
- Play until everyone is out except for the winner.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- Why is it useful to know your directions?
- How might you figure out the directions if you do not have a compass?
- What would you like to do next using a compass?
Keep it Simple
- Label each direction until you get the hang of the directions! You can do this by assigning landmarks, pylons with paper signs, etc. to help you out.
Take it Further
- Once you’re comfortable with North, South, East and West, add in other directions. You can use things like Northeast, South West, etc.