- Is there a retirement home or long-term care home in your community? How can you contact them to find out more?
- What will you send to residents?
- How will you send your cards or letters to ensure that they all arrive at once?
- Using paper and markers, or even paint, decorate cards with positive messages, jokes, or anything else to make residents smile!
- Next, build your own puzzle or other paper board games, using cardboard or Bristol board and colouring in the designs – to give residents an extra challenge to keep them busy.
- Find a way to safely deliver your creations, either by arranging a time to drop them off or sending them by mail.
- How did it feel to make a project to give to someone else?
- Will you keep working with the home in the future?
- What will you send in future packages?
- Paper (construction, Bristol, normal)
- Puzzle print-outs
Keep it Simple
- Start off by sending simple crafts or projects – drawings or cards are a great way to send a smile to someone! You can all share a simple message like “keep smiling!” or “stay safe!”
Take it Further
- This project can become a long-term partnership for your Section. Even if you cannot see residents in person, many care homes can help to arrange virtual calls. Plan and perform a campfire for residents or arrange to have a video chat with them to learn about their lives.