- When will you hold the book drive?
- What do you need to be successful?
- How can you reach out to your community?
- Who can you contact to find local schools in need?
- Reach out to a school or an organization that can connect you with a school that needs books, maybe even the local library
- Decide on what kind of books you will accept in your drive (Age? Topic? Condition? Hardback vs. Soft cover?)
- Choose a date/dates for your drive to happen
- Promote your drive - how will you engage the community to participate? Posters, online ads, etc.)
- Give thanks - think of a way you can say thank you to everyone who donated (a thank you card, a thank you video message, etc.)
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
- What did you learn about education inequality?
- What else can you do to help those who are unable to access tools for education?
- How can you continue to support your local community in need?
Keep it Simple
- Instead of donating books to a local school, youth can bring in their used books from home and donate them to the local library.
Take it Further
- Reach out to an organization that connects with schools and communities around the world to see if you can support them by donating books and other supplies!