- What leftover food could you find in your fridge?
- What kind of recipes can you make that will use the leftovers in your fridge?
- What can you do with food that can’t be reused?
- Start by thinking of what leftovers you often find in your fridge.
- Using your list of leftovers, work in groups to invent creative new recipes!
- Some ideas include a recipe for a soup or a casserole.
- By using leftovers instead of throwing them out we can reduce food waste.
- What other methods can we use to reduce food waste?
- If you were able to cook your recipes, which was your favorite.
- Do leftovers often get thrown out in your house?
Keep it Simple
- For a quicker activity, you can brainstorm recipe ideas together instead of splitting into groups.
Take it Further
- Now that you’ve invented your recipes, it’s time to test them out! Try cooking your recipe at home the next time you have leftovers in your fridge.