- If you could own any pet, real or imaginary, what would it be?
- What parts of a pet do you like best? Will you include them on your dream pet?
- What features will your pet have?
- What will you need to do to care for your pet?
- How will you share your pet? Will you draw it? Paint it? Sculpt it?
- Start by designing your dream pet – use a creative way to share your pet. Will it have the legs of a cheetah? The mane of a horse? The neck of a giraffe?
- How do you care for your pet? Think about things like what your pet eats, how much exercise it needs, where it goes to the bathroom, and how you groom it.
- Where will your pet live? In your house? An aquarium? A barn?
- Draw or write care instructions for your pet as if someone is taking care of it for you. How often does it need to be walked? How often do you feed it?
- You can research real animals to learn about what kind of care your pet might need.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What did you learn about pet care while you created your pet?
- What were some similarities between the pet you created and real pets? What were some differences?
Keep it Simple
Think of a pet that you already have or might want to get. Learn about what is required to take care of this pet and create your own care guide for it.
Take it Further
Learn about veterinarians, doctors that care for animals! What do vets do? How do they take care of animals?