- How will you run your gear swap?
- Who will you invite?
- Will people be allowed to sell items, or will you only allow them to trade for other items?
- If you don’t want to do a gear swap, what else could you have people bring? Clothing? Toys?
- Decide on how your gear swap will run – you can allow people to set prices for their items, or if they will get one ticket per item brought and they can use these tickets to swap for items.
- Find a location for your swap and choose a date for your swap.
- Invite members of your Group or community to your swap – don’t forget to let them know how the swap will work.
- Have everyone bring in gently used items to swap or sell.
- Run your swap! This could be a great way for youth from younger Sections to get the gear they need for camp!
- What did you learn while organizing your swap?
- What was the most challenging part of this adventure?
- Why should we find new homes for items rather than throw them out?
- What are some other ways you can reduce the amount of items you send to the landfill?
Keep it Simple
- You can focus on one specific type of product in order to run an easy Gear Swap. This could be toys, camping gear, or a skate swap.
- Instead of purchasing from only those within your section, expand your possibilities by visiting a thrift store with a small budget in order to purchase preowned products.
Take it Further
- Why not use the same experience in order to fund your next Adventure? Invite others from your community in order to fundraise.