- Do you want to do this adventure indoors, outdoors or at camp?
- Where will you build your habitat and shelter?
- What do you need to consider when you are building your habitat? What will you need access to in your home?
- What materials will you use?
- How big will your shelter be?
- Design and build a habitat and shelter for your whole team!
- Use different materials like blankets, tarps, chairs and poles to build a sturdy structure that could keep you warm and dry.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How well does your shelter protect you from the elements? Will it keep you dry? Warm? Out of the wind?
- How strong is your shelter? How can you make sure it will hold up under strong winds or heavy rain and snow?
- What other animals could live in your habitat?
- How can you use what you learned at camp?
- If you built a model habitat and shelter, how could you scale it up to make it life-size?
- What did you like about this adventure? What did you not like? How would you do this adventure differently?
- Cardboard boxes
- Tent poles
- Other materials to build your shelter and habitat
Keep it Simple
- Start small by building a mini habitat out of sticks, cloths and other small materials. What will your mini habitat look like? What supplies will you need to build it?
Take it Further
- Go on a habitat hike and learn about different animal habitats. How do different animals build their homes?