- What product are you going to choose?
- Before you received the product, how did it make its way to you? How was it made?
- After you are done using the product, what will happen to it?
- In small teams, discuss the entire life cycle of your chosen product.
- Create the story for your play. Each youth should have an acting role – ex. a worker making the product, a user of the product, or even the product itself
- Present your play to your Section
- After each presentation, have a discussion with your Section about how the environment may have been affected at each step in the product’s life cycle.
- Was there any waste in the production, use, or disposal of this product?
- Who was involved at each step of the product’s life cycle?
- How could the product life cycle be extended so that there are more users, and a longer life story for this product?
- What did you learn about how products are made and/or distributed?
- What did you learn about the disposal of products?
Keep it Simple
- As an easier starting point, choose a food product that does not go through much manufacturing (like an apple or cob of corn).
Take it Further
- Individually, draw a picture book to illustrate the life story of a product.