- Is there a youth/ Scouter in your Colony that already know how to meditate? Ask your parents if they know how to help you.
- Arrange for a quiet room to be available. What other supply to I need? e.g., a blanket, a pillow etc.
- Who do I need to tell that we will need it to be quiet for this activity?
- Have a night of quiet meditation. Try guided meditation.
- Try some breathing exercises, decide what position you prefer to be in that makes you feel comfortable (Is it sitting up? Is it lying down, or is it walking?)
- Is there a labyrinth nearby that you could walk around (they can be found in churches or in grounds of spiritual centres)?
Try going on a silent hike around your meeting space and then tell the others what you were thinking about when you were doing it.
- What part of the meditation did you like the most?
- How did it help your feelings?
- How did you work together to make this a great adventure?
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What would you do differently next time? What can you do to build on this Adventure?
Keep it Simple
Try meditating for only a few minutes at first and then build up to more time.
Take it Further
Once you have the hang of meditating, try making up your own meditations and either recording them or sharing them with your group.