- When and where will you share this adventure?
- How will you decide on teams?
- How will you judge the competition? What criteria will you use, and who will be the judge(s)?
- What is your budget for this adventure?
- What ingredients and equipment do you need?
- How will you decide on the surprise ingredient?
- Plan a camp or meeting where members of your Section compete against one another to come up with the most delicious and memorable meal.
- You can work in pairs to impress your teammates and come up with a judging system to decide on a winning pair at the end of the camp.
- You might even want to use a special key ingredient—but it should be something that everyone would be happy to eat… How does everyone feel about spinach?
- Prepare your awesome meals that will wow everyone’s taste buds and enjoy!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- Which dish did you enjoy the most? Why?
- Will you make any or all of these recipes again in the future?
- What problems did your team encounter, and how did you solve them?
- What would you do differently in the future?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
Instead of each team planning their own meal, have one meal for everyone to make. Give each team the recipe and ingredients. Which team can follow the recipe the best?
Take it Further
Add a secret ingredient! Turn this into an Iron Chef challenge by requiring all teams to use a secret ingredient – it could be something simple, like chocolate, or something more difficult, like durian!
You can also ask teams to make multiple dishes – for the most challenge, have each team make multiple dishes (appetizer, main, dessert) and include the secret ingredient in every course!