- How will you make waves?
- How will you direct the waves where you want them to go?
- What is the difference between waves and the tide?
- Race your friends to see who can move a ping pong ball across a distance – but you can't touch the ping pong ball, you can only use splashes to mimic tidal and wave power.
- How could this wave energy be harnessed and turned into electricity?
- How predictable were the waves that you created? Do you think that tides are more or less predictable than waves?
- Did wind power also play a role in your success?
- Ping Pong balls
Keep it Simple
- See who can make the most wave power by holding a cannonball contest
Take it Further
- You can add in some wind power of your own by allowing people to blow on their ping pong ball to get it moving.