- How will you decide on buddies?
- What kind of schedule will you create?
- How will you decide on what books to read?
- Where will you read?
- Reach out to the Beavers, Cubs and Scouts and decide on a group that you would like to pair up with
- Decide on a time that will work for both groups
- How long will you read for? How long will you run the reading-buddies program for?
- Decide on what kinds of books you will read (is everyone reading the same book, books from home, books from the library, etc.)
- Create a way to track your reading buddy progress with their books (a sticker chart to promote reading, a check sheet, etc.)
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you and your friends get along on this Adventure?
- What would you change next time?
- What did other people see that you did not?
Keep it Simple
- Instead of reading to people, practice your reading skills by going to your local humane society as a Section, and read to the cats and dogs!
Take it Further
- Create a free miniature library in your community where you can share books. Check out Little Free Library.