- What materials will you need for this activity?
- What do you want to learn about the SDGs before you start playing?
- Will you play this game as a large group or in small teams?
- Will you have everyone write down their answers at the same time, or will you have each person take turns shouting out an answer?
- Select a Goal to focus on and then start your five second timer.
- During those five seconds, you must think of a project or action related to that Goal – it could be something that you have already done, or something you just thought of.
- For this game, you can either have everyone write down their answer and then share what they wrote down, or you can give each person a turn to say an answer aloud within the five second limit.
- Award points for every answer that can be connected to a Goal.
- Hint: an activity may have multiple Goals that it connects to.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What did you learn about the Sustainable Development Goals?
- What else would you like to learn about the SDGs?
- Did you come up with any projects that you would like to do in real life?
- 5 second timer
- Sheet of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (for reference)
- Paper and pen for each player
Keep it Simple
- Extend the time that players have to think of their project – start with 15 or 20 seconds and work your way down to a shorter time
Take it Further
- Add extra rules – choose two Goals and have people come up with a project that connects to both Goals, have people think of projects that they have done in the past, or challenge people to think outside the box and come up with projects that you have never done before.