- When and where will you have your snorkeling Adventure?
- What Adventure-specific equipment do you need? Where will you get it?
- What is your budget for this Adventure? Where will the money come from?
- How long will this Adventure take? What related supplies do you need?
- Has everyone agreed on all the details?
- Plan an outing to a safe swim area where you can get used to your snorkel gear.
- You can start out by getting used to the gear – breathing through the snorkel, looking through the mask and swimming with fins. Once everyone is comfortable in their new gear, mix things up by playing some games!
- Divide into smaller groups and challenge one another with a treasure or scavenger hunt.
- You can also set up a shallow-water obstacle course or play a simple game of snorkel tag.
- What other snorkeling games can you imagine?
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you feel before, during and after this experience?
- How did this Adventure surprise you?
- How did you divide up the tasks?
- How can you build on this experience?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- It can be overwhelming to get used to multiple pieces of gear at one time. Start with one piece at a time, and then put them all together.
Take it Further
- Have you ever thought of orienteering… under water? Set up an orienteering course under water for the rest of your Section! You could even hide a treasure chest with (waterproof) prizes for them to find.