- What sport or activity do you want to try in the snow?
- What supplies will you need for this adventure?
Choose a summer activity and try it in the snow!
- There’s no limit to what you can pick!
- Set up a mini golf course and make holes and obstacles using snow.
- Play a game of soccer or Ultimate frisbee – does the snow slow you down?
- Set up mini snowmen to use as bowling pins and see if you can bowl them over!
- Use a flying disc and create your own snowy version of curling!
- What other “summer in winter” sports can you come up with?
- What was the most challenging part of this activity?
- What worked well about the sport you chose? What didn’t work as well?
- Would you do anything differently next time?
- Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map to the Review section.
Equipment for your sport – if you’re not sure what you’re playing ahead of time, try bringing a variety of equipment and see what activity you can come up with!
Keep it Simple
- Pick a simpler sport that people are already familiar with, like soccer, rather than trying to learn a new sport.
Take it Further
- Take it further with a ‘Summer in Winter’ tournament! Set up all of these sports, make your teams, and build your tournament schedule (round robin, etc.) Make sure everyone gets to play everything, and see what team is crowned the all-around winner!