- What do you need for your game?
- Do you need to do some research before playing the game?
- Do you know how to protect yourself against ticks?
- Create a set of cards – you should have two cards for each type of tick. One card should have a photo of the tick, and the other should have its name, habitat and any diseases they may carry.
- Cut up the cards
- Place them face up and match which tick with their name and facts.
- Using the information you learned, see which ticks may be in your area – which ones do you need to watch out for?
- What have you learned about ticks?
- Can you identify the different type of ticks found in your area?
- How can you protect yourself against tick bites?
- Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map to the Review section.
Keep it Simple
- Print out photos of the ticks before the activities so that the youth are familiar with the type of ticks.
Take it Further
- Place the cards face down and play a game of memory match – flip cards over two at a time and try to match the photo of the tick to its facts.
- Use a map to plot out the locations of the different species – which can be found in your area?