- Where will you set up your obstacle course? In your meeting area? Outside?
- What obstacles will you use?
- What stuff do you need for this adventure? Who will find it?
- Take turns leading the other members of your team through a playground or an obstacle course.
- The people following have to do things the very same way as the leader.
- Every time a different person takes a turn, he or she can do things a different way from the people who went before. When it is your turn to lead, try to surprise the other members of your team with a fun new way of doing things!
- Remember, as the leader, it’s your job to make sure that everyone can follow what you’re doing! If you’re moving too fast or doing something that the others cannot do, adjust what you are doing so that the rest of the team is able to follow!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What did you do to make sure you did things the same way as the leader?
- How did you do things differently when it was your turn to lead the Lodge?
- What would you change next time?
Keep it Simple
Instead of having an obstacle course as part of this activity, just follow your leader around a gym or field. Follow the leader’s path and actions exactly! If they bunny hop from one line to another, the followers should also bunny hop in the same spot!
Take it Further
Keep practicing your observation skills and play a game of momentum!