- What supplies will you need for this activity?
- How will you make your teams for this activity?
- How will you make sure that everyone is staying safe during this activity?
- Each table will need four people to make the table, but you will need extra people to help them out.
- Set up four stools in a square. They should be close enough together that when someone is sitting in one, they can lay backwards and have their shoulders touch another chair.
- One person should sit in each chair with their feet on the ground.
- Everyone should then lay back and rest their shoulders on the legs of the person behind them.
- Have someone carefully pull the chairs out from under you.
- If you build your table correctly, you should be able to remain upright, even without the chair under you.
- Before the table collapses (either due to people getting tired, or due to giggles), return the chairs under everyone. Once everyone has a chair under them, sit up.
- Was your team able to make a table? What went well? What was challenging?
- Did everyone on the team play a role in making the table?
- If you were to do this activity again, what would you do differently?
Four stools per team, preferably all the same height.
Keep it Simple
Before trying this activity, try another activity where your team must trust and rely on each other, like tarp fold.
Take it Further
Try this activity again, but this time only one person is allowed to speak. Did this make the activity harder or easier?