- How are you going to be a good listener?
- How are you going to clearly share your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are good behaviours for a listener?
- How can you ensure your partner understands you?
- In your pair, one of you will be the speaker, and the other person will be the listener.
- In character as superheroes, the speaker will tell the listener what their biggest strength is, and what their biggest weakness is.
- Remember to ask questions and make sure that you heard and understood what was shared.
- After, share with the group what you learned about your partner’s skills.
- This is a great chance to meet someone new, so try pairing up with someone you do not know very well!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What did you find out about your partner’s superhero character?
- What could you do differently next time?
- What made it hard to listen?
- What made it hard to keep the other person listening?
- What can you do to communicate more clearly and to listen more carefully?
Keep it Simple
You don’t need to learn everything about your partner! As a group, create a list of things to learn about your partner, like how many siblings they have, how old they are and what their favourite activity is. Then, introduce your partner and share what you learned about them!
Take it Further
Take what you learned about your superhero partner and put it on paper! After hearing their biggest strengths, weaknesses and more, draw what you think their superhero looks like and share with the group.