- Where will you play the Humming Game?
- How long will you take to play?
- How will your team choose a seeker?
- Where will your team hide the object?
- What hiding spots are fair game and which spots are out of bounds?
- What other ways can you think of to play this game?
- What other ways can your team lead the seeker? What will you allow and what will be seen as cheating?
- Select a team member to be the seeker. That person should close their eyes or leave the playing area.
- The rest of the team will find a spot to hide the object. The seeker should know what the object is but should not know where it is hidden.
- The seeker will return to the group and start seeking.
- Instead of saying “you’re getting warmer” or “you’re getting colder,” the rest of the team will hum more loudly when the seeker gets close to the object and will hum more quietly as they move away from the object.
- You might want to hum a simple song that everyone knows, like “Happy Birthday” or “O Canada”.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did it feel to be the seeker?
- How did it feel to lead the seeker?
- What were you able to do other than hum to lead the seeker?
- How did you work as a team on this adventure?
- How much harder would it be to find the object without the help of teammates?
Keep it Simple
Rather than hiding an object, select a secret object for the seeker to guess. The closer they get to the right object, the louder you hum!
Take it Further
Try taking your hide and seek skills to the next level and try a field search activity!